I moved to Allegany County Maryland from Washington, D.C. approximately 3 years ago. In that short period of time - several businesses have closed. They are: Aaron’s Jewelers, Verso Paper Co. Mill, four anchor stores at the Country Club Mall (Bon Ton, Payless ShoeSource, Sears & J.C. Penney) ... and countless others in our area.
However, if it is true that Allegany County is one of the poorest counties in the State of Maryland, we don’t need to be treated as such. Many corporations do rely on the U.S. Census data to help them determine if it is feasible to open a business or continue providing commerce/services in an area. So, by completing the questionnaire that was mailed to your address, you can definitely make a positive difference in our community. Because an accurate population count could possibly attract businesses to our area - who might be able to create jobs in Allegany County Maryland for our residents.
The 2020 U.S. Census is:
- Quick and easy. The 2020 Census Questionnaire will take about 10 minutes to complete.
- Safe, secure, and confidential. Your information and privacy are protected.
- A way to participate in Community Improvements. Your response helps to direct billions of dollars in federal funds to local communities for schools, roads, public services and provide data for businesses to create jobs.
- Also, used to determine the number of seats each state has in Congress and your political representation at all levels of government.
- Online: bit.ly/mdcounts
- Phone: 1-844-330-2020 ~ 7am - 2am (EST)/7 days-a-week
- Mail: Just complete the invitation that was sent to each household and drop it in the mail.
- Or: A census taker will be in touch with you.